Online Learning Can Fill Design Industry Needs
Choosing e-learning design courses is the answer for many companies looking to improve the skills of their designers, as it saves time, cost and can be done anywhere, at anytime. A comprehensive study by the Design Council that involved over 2,000 people has given a better understanding of the movement in this industry, in terms of training and education. In the UK, there are currently over 55,000 undergraduates studying design, the majority of which are British students. Just over half of the designers actually hold a degree though many design consultancies and in-house design teams don't require any qualifications when looking for new candidates. A number of design companies also hold back on training, mostly due to the costs and time constraints in the industry. Here are some of the most interesting results from the study:
- 30% of designers undergo computer-based training (CBT), whilst 31% of designers still receive training in an informal mentoring format.
- Design IT/software is the most popular training undertaken (48%), followed by business skills training at 12%.
- 65% of design agencies and in-house teams surveyed mention that they pay 100% of the training fees for their staff.
- 31% of businesses surveyed identified cost as a barrier to undertaking CPD training.
What do these results tell us?
- Too many designers are working with raw talent and not honing their skills to reach what they are actually capable of.
- Employers want designers to be up to date with IT and software related issues.
- Costs are a major factor in regard to employers sending employees on training courses.
How can Skills Online Group assist you?
- Save over 50% on costs for courses. Traditional face-to-face courses can cost up to £500, but a similar course through the Skills Online Group can cost just £95!
- Online learning can be done at any time of the day or night, thus it will never hinder any important project.
- Choose from a variety of courses that will assist with everything from IT and software studies to business skills and web related studies.
Browse our variety on online training courses now and enjoy the e-learning design training that will best benefit both you and your staff.