Online Education News
This page features links to interesting news, research studies and articles relating to e-learning and associated technologies. We update it from time-to-time. Why not follow us on Twitter to keep up-to-date?
It's no secret that e-Learning has been defined as one of the top 10 global trends for the next 10 years. It will shape how current and future generations engage with knowledge, educational institutions and schools.
Blended learning, where students receive a mix of online and physical lecture-based education is already popular and has been adopted by leading educational institutions around the world. e-Learning makes sense. It saves time, money and resources. No travelling to training venues by car or public transport. No rooms to be hired and no parking to be found and much less paper required to teach the same stuff!
Here are a few interesting facts which demonstrate why e-Learning makes sense:
- According to recent US research, 40% of every $1 spent on traditional training is spent on travel costs!
- Motorola projects that for every $1 spent on training, there will be $30 in productivity gains in 3 years.
- 31% of UK design businesses in a recent Design Council survey identified cost as a barrier to undertaking traditional CPD training.
- In the US, 69% of corporate training hours are being conducted outside of the traditional classroom-based, face-to-face format.
- Did you know a 2009 US Department of Education study reveals that on average, online students out performed those receiving face-to-face instruction?