E-learning for Employability on the Rise
A web-based survey taken by Elearning! and Government Elearning! magazines revealed that e-learning consumption continues to rise. This is seen not only in the corporate and private environments, but also within government organizations. There were a total of 740 people involved in the survey and 93 percent of them said that they were busy with active e-learning courses. The other seven percent also indicated that they were planning to get involved in e-learning education in the near future. The statistics were compared to the same survey taken last year, and show a significant increase in many of the departments. This shows that online learning and virtual courses are becoming the most preferred methods of training. The main benefits of using these courses are the fact that they are easily accessible, affordable and less time consuming for the learner. Instead of having to travel, and spend hours stuck in a classroom, learners can now improve their education and employability whenever they have the time, either in their office or at home.
Some of the other stats that emerged from the survey include:
- Improving customer service is becoming one of the reasons for the increase of training.
- Majority of the training hours (69 percent) are being done in modern methods, away from the traditional classroom-based method.
- Instructor-led learning in traditional methods is in decline, both in the government and enterprise sectors.
- E-learning courses and tools are now used by a wider audience than ever before.
- Mobile learning is on the increase, with 35 percent of the corporate respondents planning to get mobile tools or services in 2010. Only 18 percent currently use it.
To enjoy the employability benefits of online learning, or just to find out more about this increasingly popular form of learning, choose the Skills Online Group. Our passion for online education has allowed us to become one of the leaders in the creative and marketing communications sector. Increase your expertise at your own pace, and at an affordable rate with our e-learning programmes.