Student Starter Guide
Taking your course…
If you paid via credit/debit card the course is automatically released to your ‘My Courses’ section in your logged in profile. Sometimes there can be a delay if our payment partner runs fraud checks on the payment. It’s usually released as soon as payment is received. Give it about 5 mins to show up in your logged in profile.
If you selected to pay via bank transfer then your course will be manually released when payment has been received by us. You would have received an invoice to your registered email address that includes our bank account details for payment. Please note that all bank charges are for your account. We will not release your course if bank charges have been passed onto us. IBAN and SWIFT account details have been provided on the invoice. Please email us a copy of the payment confirmation so we can look out for the payment coming into our bank account. Please note that payment to our international Barclays PLC account might take 6-8 days so there’s a delay before you can start your course. We suggest paying with your debit/credit card using our 100% safe payment provider as it allows instant access to your course.
1. Login to your profile using your username and password.
2. When logged in, click on ‘My Courses’ link in the primary navigation which will take you to your profile page offering you a sub-menu on the left-hand side.
3. Then select ‘My Courses’ from the sub-menu on the left-hand side of the page.
4. Your course title(s) and description(s) will appear on the page. (If have opted to pay via bank transfer your course will only appear here once payment has been received in full. Please see payment options for details.)
5. Click ‘start course’ or ‘continue course’ button (‘continue course’ assumes it’s a course you’ve started already.)
6. You will then see all numbered modules associated with the course in a list starting with module 1 as well as the key contents and module information associated with each module in red. This info relates to the required pass score if the module features a mini quiz or final knowledge test, how many attempts are allowed and how many attempts you have left. (Please note that most courses offer unlimited attempts until you complete the course. However, once you have completed the course you are not able to access the modules any longer as you’ve finished the course. Please note that our system records module usage and unusual anomalies are reported to us.
7. Select ‘take module’ button and our fully customized Learner Interface will launch and off you go! The training module starts automatically and you will find any associated quiz or final knowledge test below the Learner Interface.
8. We suggest that you grab a cuppa first… then feel free to pause, rewind, adjust the audio, click on references box to hyperlink through to examples or write your own notes in the notes box. Sit back with your cup of tea and enjoy our cutting-edge online training!
9. Don’t forget to select full screen for maximum impact and enjoyment although you will need to exit full screen if you’d like to make notes within the Learner Interface.
10. At the end of certain modules you will be required to take the mini quiz or final knowledge test to gauge your understanding of the key learning concepts. Bear in mind that certain modules do not offer mini quizzes and some mini quizzes reference previous modules. You might want to refresh your knowledge if it's been a few days between certain modules.
11. Final Knowledge Tests will appear in the last module of your course and you are required to score 18/25 (or 75%) in order to pass the Course and receive your Certificate of Completion. You can take tests and quizzes again and again if you need to.
12. If you have jotted down learning notes within the notes box of the Learner Interface, you can save your notes to a clipboard. Exit full screen mode and select ‘save notes to clipboard’ button within the LI, then launch your notepad file or Word Processor package and paste your notes in there! Cool stuff huh?
13. Select ‘save and continue’ or ‘save and exit’ button at the bottom of the web page depending on what you’re keen to do. Please note that 'save and continue' saves your quiz / test results and returns you to the same page whilst 'save and exit' saves your results and exits the module so you can look at your results and proceed to the next module. You can also select ‘exit module’ from within the video.
14. You will then be offered your results and information relating to the module. This is where you will find your mini quiz results, the number of answers you got right/wrong etc.
15. Select ‘back to modules list’ button and proceed to the next module if you so wish.
16. Our Learning Management System then stores your progress and results so that you can come back and complete additional modules in your own time.
17. Modules you have taken before present module information saved from the last time you took the module. Look for the list of results that indicate that indicate you’ve taken the module previously.
When you have completed all the modules and passed all the tests/quizzes… (To get your Certificate)
18. Select the ‘complete the course’ button below the final module. This button will automatically generate your Certificate of Completion. Look in the Help section for the link that will offer further information in this regard.
• Mini quizzes require a 50% pass rate to test your new found knowledge (we’re going easy on you here!)
• Final Knowledge Tests require 75% pass rate to ensure high standards and optimum knowledge transfer.
• Look at your results offered in the module information in the module view page.
• The modules have been output for a screen resolution of 1440x, although up to 1920x or 1280x is also fine.
• Try at least a 19” monitor. Up to 24” is also OK, but don’t try view them on anything less than a 17” monitor. You’ve paid for high-quality broadcast video and graphics so it makes sense to use the right tools to ensure maximum impact and benefit!