Creative Skills Development
Those interested in online studies in creative sector will be interested to know the results of a recent study by the University of the Arts London in association with the Creative Graduates Creative Futures Higher Education Partnership, which showed positive futures for UK graduates. The study was taken between 2008 and 2010 to show the early career patterns of over 3 500 graduates in art, design, crafts and media studies, qualifying in 2002, 2003 and 2004 from 26 institutions offering creative arts higher education.
Some of the key findings from the study included:
- Seventy five percent of graduates had gone on to work in their field after graduating, while at the same time four out of five were in a paid working environment, most of which were in creative jobs.
- Forty-eight percent of graduates in Portfolio careers had multiple jobs at the time, mostly combining self-employment with other work.
- Almost half of the graduates had done freelance work since graduating and above 20 percent were self-employed, while 18 percent were running a business.
- Almost 80 percent were happy with their jobs and positive about future opportunities.
- After graduating, just over 70 percent of the graduates had undertaken more studies, including online studies or returning to an institute for higher level courses.
- Some of the most developed skills attained on undergraduate courses were creativity, innovation, visual skills and presentation, while less developed skills included IT, networking and client interaction.
These stats show how the creative industry is thriving and the bright future available to those who are truly interested in pursuing a creative career. The Skills Online Group is one of the market leaders when it comes to creative and marketing communication training courses online. Enjoy the benefits of online education by saving time and money while improving your skills. The Skills Online Group offers a variety of courses covering all aspects of your creative career choice. Browse through our list of courses now to find the online studies you need to further your career.